Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sham's Blog: Las Vegas 2007 (Thur 6/7)

(Part 9 in the "Letters Home" series originally printed in aces-cracked.net. Yeah, I missed a day; you'll note the posts getting shorter and spacier. I say it's because I was winning and tiring and had trouble accessing a computer. You believe me of course???)

"Entry 8, 9:07am Thursday 6/7:

Just a quickie; it's laundry morning, and more self-medicating for the worsening cold.

Felt weird yesterday not to be able to post. Aces Cracked forum site was down, it said. Boo. Glad to see it working today.

Up to three cashes for the trip, though still behind in the long run including food, hotel, transport, etc. I'll organize my notes while the laundry's spinning. Second cash came in NLHE at Orleans on Tuesday (?) for $240-ish; think I was 7th? Wednesday played three tourneys, all NLHE: cheap turbo at Excalibur (wild!), $340 Deep Stacks Extravaganza at Venetian (pulled a Donk-of-the-Year-candidate play, blame it on the cold meds, I don't wanna talk about it), and the $60 evening Aladdin -- I mean Planet Hollywood. At least at the last one I proved I'm still alive, though maybe some would say I'm just lucky. An IG got me started, I got the monster pp's when I needed them and with four left we cut a chop deal on the remaining prize pool. I walked away with $500; big chip leader took $1000. So for the day in tourneys I made $40 or so profit. Also won a tote bag in PH's daily free slots tourney. Whoop.

The gang arrives today, it seems. Going to get really nutso. Looks like the 11p game at Sahara will be day's main fun; although ig may be bowling with the bloggers and skip that. One move at a time; I confuse too too easy. Only game I have possibly planned before is Orleans nooner ... if laundry's done. Gotta get well. More laters..."

No comments: