Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sham's Blog: Las Vegas 2007 (Fri 6/1)

(Part 4 in the "Letters Home" series originally printed in aces-cracked.net)

"Entry 3, 9:42 am Friday 6/1--

Only a couple seconds. Will find a computer downtown somewhere for lengthier report. Paul and I are playing the 2 pm NLHE Binions Classic $150 Event No. 3. Wish us luck; I hate to knock him out heads-up at final table, but...

Yes, I got first cash of the AC Convention. Finished 10th of 124 entries in Lim Omaha H/L; for $85 entry fees I cashed $265. Ticked not as high a fiish as Penn earlier in day elsewhere, and that I didn't do better. Took two "bad beats" with me ahead to make me first-gone at final table ... the perils of being short-stacked and unlucky. More on it later.

Having coffee downstairs today whilest penn was in business center, I met the most beautiful blonde from Indy. A Gator grad, she's only here through Saturday (pooh) then has to hurry home to her 3-year-old daughter. siiiiiigh... Maybe I'll hurry back from downtown after the Binoon's event; she said something about wanting to see a movie in her free time after her convention meetings. Eat your heart out rk; and no Mark I am not hallucinating!!! Shamster is an amazing thing...

Gotta run. Miss y'all. Sorry I had wrong week fer ya rk, glad you and ig will be here same time!!! Look out Vegas!!!"

No comments: