Sunday, October 21, 2007

Brought to you by the letter S!

Well, that was a weekend. From sad Saturday to so-so Sunday, the "s" words almost totally describe the way things went. Scream. Smile. Sick. Superb. Sweat. Sweet. Son-of-a-... Shock. Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious. You can take it from there... (I'm nothing if not challenging and entertaining to my readers and any inebriated wanderers who stumble across this page.)

So I'm worn out. Ready to watch the baseball and football games wind down. Somewhat satisfied (yes, there lurk more "esses" in Shamland! Wish this weekend's "esses" had more slashes through 'em, as in $$. My kinda esses!). Still searching and struggling for that breakthrough that's just around the corner and over the river and through the woods and ...

The Cliff's Notes version (do I have to pay royalties?):

Saturday -- Took 27th of 117 players in Bloody Battle 6.0 at Cake. Claimed one $10 bounty, so got nearly two-thirds of my investment back. But couldn't crash top 15 for their money. Chumley won the whole magilla, and I applaud my feltmate whom I've played often in Poker Analysis leagues and forum events. Crashed terribly in TPFC October Finals at new Wingows: 57th/69. Was still playing Bloody Battle when TPFC began; hmm... Took 3rd (of 6) in Aces Cracked League game at PokerStars, a $1 profit (small whoop!). At the same time, made stumbling quick exit (7th/11) from PA Buy-In League game at poker.com; but at least I made the final table and some league points (another small whoop!). Closed the night by spur-of-the-moment trying a $10K guarantee at Bodog for $22, played decent and finished 160th/414 ... but only money for 45, so nothing to whoop over.

Sunday -- Decided "no multi-tournamenting" this day. This is/was the right thing for me; could concentrate and focus on my felt situational surroundings (as much as possible with football on TV etc.). First three events were at VegasPoker247, and sham was 27th/112 in Rounder Radio freeroll (should've final-tabled!); won 18-player Muffmoney Mini-League Game 1 (for $2 entry I got back $20-plus and a seat in Muff's finals freeroll in Mid-December: for-real WHOOP!); and was 26th/60 in Poker Bowl Week 5. I can't remember how Poker Bowl ended (my lack of memory is something we'll have to live with and make fun of), but I do know it was ugly and just wrong. Then it was PA Freeroll League game of limit razz at AbPoke; it was Supersham early but then a quick collapse after I made the points (my first in the league this month), and I exited 23rd/40. Finally to Bodog for the Nationwide Poker Tour Online weekly game, and another fast start blowing up in my face (68th/86, nine paid, including 3 T$109 tickets).

I can tell you how the last one ended. Level 3, 15/30; I had A-x, board turns out 33344 with minimal betting from me and two others. Now, the prior hand's winner had shown quads. No way it happens twice in a row. Sham opens 300 after river, hinting of higher pair. One fold, other foe all-in. Sham has 'em covered, easy call. CHOKE! Another quad. Unbelievable. Still had a few chips left, but I was ready for the exit, and did a couple hands later.

And now I'm exitting from the blog for today. The ballgames beckon, and a busy week of work looms. Not much time for poker the next few days ... and Saturday is Breeders Cup Day, which mean brother Brent and I will be invading Fairmount Park and trying to hit every quinela and exacta they offer us. So for now I've just one "s" left: sayonara!!!

No comments: