Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Armadillos: The new donkey/fish

Someone (Miami Don maybe?) said at the Blogger Tourney tonight at Bodog that I should run with my idea that fish and donkeys are passe; the new targets at our poker tables should be armadillos. (Wonder if armadilloes are the females? Mind wandering... Who said armadildos?)

Anyway, Irongirl and others can vouch that The Sham has long espoused that armadillo is/should be the next poker buzzword. After all, that cute little Southwestern U.S. animal has thick skin, thinks highly of itself as it attempts to scuttle across the road to the next promised land ... and usually winds up flatter than a pancake thanks to a semi or speeding road monster. Like many poker peeps you play with. So be kind to the armadillos; they never knows what hits 'em.

I don't feel like typing. Still bleeding ulcer problems; got a doctor visit scheduled for the morn. If this don't bankrupt me and they don't strap me down in a hospital room (with or without padded walls), I'll TRY to type more tomorrow night on poker. Suffice it to say that a luckbox named pokerpeaker (great player, nice guy, off to Vegas fun this week with the wife (his, I don't got none!), told ya he was a real luckbox); anyways pokerpeaker fatally crippled my fine performance in the weekly Online Poker Blogger Tournament Tuesday night at Bodog. I had pocket 6's, him A7; flop AAx, he didn't raise a ton (sneaky devil) and I called; turn a 6, I raised a ton and got us both all in (I had him by maybe 500 chips -- you KNOW I have no memory, barely remember who I am) ... and of course he makes his longshot outer when a 7 rivers to make his boat bigger than mine. Shamster goes out 11th shortly thereafter. These are great, great players, mind you; and it does wonders for my confidence to know that I CAN hang with them successfully. But I shoulda woulda coulda!!! I was robbed...

Next week revenge. It's been going so good lately! Cashed in 3 of 5 events Saturday, including 3rd (of 45) in the Holdem Radio Saturday Night Special at Cake for $41.25 (shoulda won that event, too, honestly). Been playing well but blowing bubbles the last 3 days. More on all that come the promised, proverbial "later."

Now to try for a little sleep. I hate/fear doctors. I just do NOT really want to know!!! The rest of ya, stay happy...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If I get 378 more suckouts I'll be even. I did take third and I felt bad after you outplayed me that hand. Although it was only a resuck after you hit your two-outer. You played great against us; I hope to see you there again.