Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sham's Blog: Las Vegas 2007 (Sat 6/2)

(Part 5 in the "Letters Home" series originally printed in aces-cracked.net)

"Entry 4, Saturday 6/2, 10 am-ish:

I don't know if there will be anything left of me when y'all get here. This life is draining. But I love it. What a way to go.

Brief today. Still no real internet access to make posts and even read my mail. Thirty minutes, bah...

WSOP at Rio is an insane madhouse times 100. You have to have a registered WSOP player card to even play the satellites. The line was taking over 3 hours at midnight yesterday. No WSOP for me until early next week when things calm. May try the ring tables there though as you do not need that dang card (I think).

Today's a rest and recover day. Plan to stay at Orleans. Ring poker in their room. Lay at pool. Afternoon nap (have not an even semi-good night's sleep yet; I hurt. Dang hyper-sensitivities and insomniac traits.). Then may try Rio and WSOP lines late late tonight, like 2 am ifI got my "nap".

Hey those recommendations on how to play blackjack smart seem to work on the slots. A formula? Wow. I might have to play the tables even...

Poker Friday? (Was that yesterday? The days...) Well, there was that Binion's Classic downtown (where we wound up spending almost the whole day). Briefly, I did OK. Not happy, always want to do better. Field of ... now I can't find my results sheet. Thought it was in bag here, but must've grabbed wrong one. Dang! Time's running out. What can I remember? I think 286 entrants in $150 NLHE; I didn't cash, but did finish about 44th, so close as 28 paid (top prize over $10K) ; Paul and I wound up at same table in level 4 (?), and I was there when he went out (I didn't do it!!); flopped a little straight flush early on, but too early in tourney to do any damage, only crippled one foe to double-up me a little below my 4,000 starting money. After today's rest, I may try Binion Classic's $150 Limit HE on Sunday.

OK, no copy editing. More laters I hope. Stay well; bring adrenaline!!!"

No comments: