Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sham's Blog: Las Vegas 2007 (Mon 6/4)

(Part 7 in the "Letters Home" series originally printed in aces-cracked.net)

"Entry 6, 8:35 am Monday 6/4--

A brief one. Didn't go downtown to Binion's Classic yesterday. Decided to invest instead in today's event there, which is Omaha H/L $150 freezeout. Nervous but optimistic.

Yesterday never saw penn after he tripped up with 9 minutes left in first level of Orleans $80 NLHE tourney. I went out last hand before break, severely short-stacked, shot at quadrupling my last 700 with KQ and 3 callers. KJx flop, then ace on turn, one foe chased off the other two and sure enough he had AJ. I didn't get K or T on river, and a very disappointing bye-bye.

After deciding against long trip to Binion's, decided on center strip big clubs action. Timing was perfect to catch shuttle and get me to paris, but they've cancelled their afternoon events (mostly) because of WSOP. Boo. OK, then it's cash game time at my favorite club: Bellagio. So oppulent! Worth the 70-minute wait to get a seat at 4-8 Limit HE. Briefly, bought in for $150, bought another $100, down to half that, won back-to-back $120 pots to finally be back in the black (2 3/4 hours into sitting down), then lost shot at third biggie when no one honored by pocket rockets (I bet thm as much as I could, even tried to run off 3 crazies with river check-raise to show I wasn't joking!). They stayed, one landed his Broadway on the river and I droppde $44 for the hand. Maybe I should go back to NL, if it weren't for my icy cold streaks... Finally ended the session after 3 1/2 hours seated and down a whopping seven dollars. Better entertainment than a ballgame or movie...

Sore throat, gargling a lot, hope it doesn't worsen. Today Binion's Classic at 2 pm, plus (maybe last time) downtown galavanting. Tuesday Orleans nooner, then Rio and Palms for the day. Wednesday Venetian Deep Stacks $300 NLHE (and taking my suit along to check out their pool). Thursday morning laundry. Then things get real serious around here!

More later. Keep em comin'..."

No comments: