Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sham's Blog: Las Vegas 2007 (Mon 6/10)

(Part 11 in the "Letters Home" series originally printed in aces-cracked.net.)

"Entry 10, 8:50 am, Monday 6/10:

I'm bored and lonely.

Everyone's gone. No one to share successes and failures with. Won a private tournament yesterday at Imperial Palace, chopped when head's-up and settled for $400 (first place pre-deal was $480) and the side booty for the champ (T-shirt, book). Game was HORSE. That makes eight tournament cashes for me in Vegas this trip, four straight ... I think. I'll do summary when I get home. Right now the exhaustion and exertions are getting to me; propbably decompress and veg the last two days. And pick a couple tourneys to take shots at, like the $340 Deep Stacks NLHE at Venetian today (same place I super-donked last week). Almost surely today's 7pm NLHE here at Orleans. Maybe 1p at Planet Hollywood or 2p at Paris instead of Venetian, I don't know. The 11p at Caesars is another I want to take another shot at, though might save it for Tuesday night, my final tournament of this trip. Don't like Caesars only pays nine places I was told -- although IG cashed for a 'teens finish on Friday? Looked for ig at WSOP women's Sunday after winning ImpPal tourney; couldn't find her, although I looked in all 3 women's areas. That Rio is a madhouse; the summer's not over, I may come back and get on the right side of the tables before it's all over. Still plan a day poolside vegging, now looking at Tuesday for it if Mirage's pool is open 7 days as I was told.

That's all for now, and this may be my last message from Vegas. It has been sensational!!! So much fun with all of ya; wish more of you could've made it -- next year!! Sorry that paul got sick, and that paul and rk got addicted to the slots (and won!) on Saturday. We all need to start blogs (if we don't have one) ... and plan for next year's Aces Cracked Vegas Convention.

OK, back to the felt wars and the recovery process. Thanks for reading, and see ya Saturday at PStars for our weekly game..."

No comments: