Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sham's Blog: Las Vegas 2007 (Thur. 5/31)

(Part three in the "Letters Home" series originally published in aces-cracked.net. Back at the AC forum some folks posted comments about earlier "letters", and their Vegas plans. You'll have to go to aces-cracked to see the comments; lazy ol' me will be hanged if he's gonna reprint them too!)

"I think Lori and Randy are in and out of Vegas separate weeks. Probably for the best for the future of mankind and our planet. Ok, to work:

Entry Two -- 7:50am Thursday 5/31 (I think that's the day; already I've toally lost track...):

Big news I guess is Paul got in, I remembered his last name properly and I haven't smothered him with a pillow in his sleep yet (I hate snorers) (I hate humans?). Anyways, we really didn't talk until this morning, as he was crashed from jet lag by the time I got back by the room Wednesday.

Only poker I played Wednesday was 2 hours at 2-4 Limit HE table at Mandalay. Up $30 real early (like in 10-15 minutes), a long dead spell and wound up the session ahead almost $5. Not good hourly wage, but had never done well in past at Mandalay, so that's a positive.

Lot of big faces still in WPT at Mandalay for 2nd day. They're moving real fast, will get day off probably before Saturday TV final. At one table next to each other I recognized Juanda, Lucy (not JJ) (?) and Black Widow Ericka S. (who won a prelim event, she's more than just a blackjack player!). Others still in included Phil Laak, Barry Greenstein, more. Got real jealous walking behind press row, had urge that I should be sitting there and working.

At the Orleans they give you 30 free minutes a day on their computer to tenants. Notmuch time and only during biz hours. I'm spending 1/3of it editing. So forgive the errors. Too much to do, must be brief.

Paul and I are off to tourney 10a at Gold Coast. Back here for noon and 7p tourneys, though I might go lay poolside instead of the midday one. If Randy's at the Sahara, it's 11p tourney will be a must for me. They got a good Eagles tribute band free, I understand, so that's another plus. Sayed at Sahara last summer.

Should hit 100 tomorrow. I love hot. Tomorrow theWSOP opens I love poker. At 2 pm tomorrow Paul and I and Randy are gonna do the Binions Classic Event 2, I think; registration starts 2 hours prior.

OK, no more now. Gotta clear my mail, and see how much I lost a PA League title by. :O( I dont think clear in mornings to do this blogging really, either. Gotta find one with more time, even to pay for it. Good skills all till later..."

No comments: