Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bubbles can be fun

Today is going to be a hellacious Sunday, tournament-wise. There are so many that I'm afraid I'll be ghosting a lot, and skipping others I wish I was in. Gotta choose my spots, though, and give my best attention to the ones I decide to concentrate on. Being half-assed or distracted would mean I might as well not even play. I'm out to win, or do the best I possibly can.

Didn't win my first event of the day, but that's a good thing, really. Long story short: Pocket 5's Forum, of which I'm a largely silent and background member (hey, those guys and gals are probably the best online, definitely in top 3 mobs) ... anyway, Pocket 5's was holding a $10+$1 Ultra Turbo (2-minute levels) this morning guaranteeing at least 5 seats (worth $1,050 each) to the UBOC $1 million Main Event later today (3 pm, all times St. Louis). Thought I'd give it a go, my day's kickoff and warmup plus a chance to play some of the best.

So the Shamster Luck continues. I finished sixth. No UBOC Championship seat. That's OK, I have a ton of other games this afternoon. Plus the P5s thing paid six places; the seat bubble got the leftover cash, which was $85. Sweet!!! That I will not complain about. Sure, the UBOC ME would've been fun if I could devote my full attention to it. But it wasn't guaranteed money, either, so this prize is fine.

The P5s game saw me playing some of my best poker. Rah! Plus the quickly soaring blinds and antes made it a pushathon. I was in the right place at the right time, even having AJ hold against two foes (that hand has killed me lately). Finally was crippled when my AT at the final table went heads-up against low stack's AK, leaving me only 2K chips. Trippled up with the powerful Q3 as two pair materialized. Then came the end, courtesy of Shamster Luck:

Stage #20284967 Tourney ID 5087039 Holdem Multi Normal Tournament No Limit 3,500 - 2010-01-31 09:41:40 (ET)
Table: 6 (Real Money) Seat #7 is the dealer
Seat 2 - JOEPO (10,374 in chips)
Seat 5 - TRAILERACES (26,595 in chips)
Seat 6 - PWNYEXPRESS (24,696 in chips)
Seat 7 - 2XQUIZIT (13,607 in chips)
Seat 8 - XTJBIRD13X (13,774 in chips)
Seat 9 - SHAMANALIX (5,454 in chips)
JOEPO - Ante 350
TRAILERACES - Ante 350
PWNYEXPRESS - Ante 350
2XQUIZIT - Ante 350
XTJBIRD13X - Ante 350
SHAMANALIX - Ante 350
XTJBIRD13X - Posts small blind 1,750
SHAMANALIX - Posts big blind 3,500
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to SHAMANALIX [10s 10h]
JOEPO - Folds
TRAILERACES - Folds
PWNYEXPRESS - Folds
2XQUIZIT - Folds
XTJBIRD13X - Raises 5,250 to 7,000
SHAMANALIX - All-In 1,604
XTJBIRD13X - returned (1,896) : not called
*** FLOP *** [6s 8h 9s]
*** TURN *** [6s 8h 9s] [Js]
*** RIVER *** [6s 8h 9s Js] [5d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
XTJBIRD13X - Shows [4h 7d] (Straight, five to nine)
SHAMANALIX - Shows [10s 10h] (One pair, tens)
XTJBIRD13X Collects 12,308 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot(12,308)
Board [6s 8h 9s Js 5d]
Seat 2: JOEPO Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 5: TRAILERACES Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 6: PWNYEXPRESS Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 7: 2XQUIZIT (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 8: XTJBIRD13X (small blind) won Total (12,308) HI:(12,308) with Straight, five to nine [4h 7d - B:9s,B:8h,P:7d,B:6s,B:5d]
Seat 9: SHAMANALIX (big blind) HI:lost with One pair, tens [10s 10h - P:10s,P:10h,B:Js,B:9s,B:8h]

Ah well. Got the cash and the experience. Now the madness really begins. Here's how the schedule shapes up, only listing the things I'll probably play or qualified into, and leaving out the Gaming Forum Network, UBOC, PStars Million, H0 Radio, Nationwide Poker Tour Weekly and many others I'd like to be playing:

-- 1 pm: Forum Poker Series $500 Kickoff Freeroll at Easy Play Poker. Playing for Team Poker101a. Getting three eligibility tokens to Valentine's Day games at EPP just for playing. Plus trying to help Team2Win's forum (101a) win the FPS's prize.

-- 2 pm: GridIron Sweepstakes $50 Freeroll at Easy Play. Very small field of 30 max, people who won teams in EPP's GridIron Sweepstakes regular season (I won Da Bears. Lucky me. But they did earn me $30-some bucks one week. Wish I had Colts and/or Saints...). I won't be here much because Easy Play and Reefer are both Merge Network sites and you can't have both open at same time (wish I had another computer...). And over on Reefer...

-- 2 pm: Online Forum Challenge $2,000 Freeroll at Reefer Poker. Go Team PA! Trying to bring glory to my main forum, Poker Analysis, even though this is not a team competition. Thank goodness they moved the game back an hour, it was originally supposed to start at same time as FPS. (I hate corporate rivalries and one-upsmanships, although I benefit from such.)

-- 2 pm: World Blogger Championship of Online Poker Final at PokerStars. I should be in this game, it should be my big game of the day. But I am very unenthused. The WBCOOP has been no fun this year: too many sitouts, ill-mannered 4-year-olds pretending they're players, hooligan behaviors, uninspiring prizes. I love PStars, but they really bombed here. I wouldn't pay to play in these circumstances. Last one (December '08) was sensational, and I cashed in its final. Now I'm yawning and real disappointed.

-- 3:20 pm: RP League Winter Series II Final at Reefer. With $500 added and a $109 coupon for the winner, plus 124 entrants max, this one has my attention and focus. Hopefully I'll still be on Reefer for the OFC; hate to multi-event, my record is awful, but I'll give it a go if necessary.

-- 5 pm: Shark Poker Tour at PDC Poker. A $2 buy-in with $50 added. I have't been playing much with the Sharks lately. I miss them. I want to be there more. But we'll have to see what my situation (tournament positions, emotional strength) is when this one comes up.

-- 6 pm: Sunday Football Special I at PokerStars. Now this is a tournament!!! For $10+$1 I get a shot at Super Bowl tickets plus spending money. So what if the full 40,000 entrants show. I will play ... although probably not until SFS II at 9 pm!

-- 7 pm: Suited Pockets $50 Freeroll at Doyles Room. I love Doyles, and I love the Pocketeers. But we'll have to wait and evaluate my situation.

-- 9 pm: SFS II at PStars. See 6 pm. See me cap the day with a big score. I hope. I've had my fun bubble; now for bigger and better things!

1 comment:

SolidSnakeLogic101 said...

I actually just started my blog a few weeks ago, its really nice to see another player is out there seemingly doing the same thing that I am. I will be reading your blog quite furiously as it looks really well put together.

As far as Sundays are concerned I tend to have issues playing all the games that I can schedule. Being that most sites will not allow two skins running at the same time, I find myself picking and choosing.

I am really looking forward to reading your posts in the near future. I am gonna get into more strategy as time goes on. As for now I am really trying to get a concrete monthly schedule up for everyone to take a look at. I think it will bring a ton of daily viewers.

How long have you been an avid blogger? I have not played any of the blogger games solely due to that I was a poster for a while, and decided in order to organize all my forums wins, scheduling information, helpful promotions, cooking, and strategy segments I needed on a non-bias site.


Thanks a ton for stopping bye, and I am now one of your followers. Anyone who reads your blog that would like another follower I would love to get into contact.