Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dontcha love quickies?

A week since my last post? Geez. Time flies when you're having real life...

Mom's better. As of last night my poker game's better. More on everything later (four days off in a row starting Thursday -- ahhhhhhhh!!!)

Just wanted to make note I played my first World Blogger Championship of Online Poker yesterday (Tuesday). Work kept me out of Monday's, and will sideline me again today. But starting Thursday I'm registered for four in a row. Tuesday's WBCOOP #2 was Pot Limit Omaha, and it was not a memorable experience -- I finished 755th/1,634 entrants. Blah. For an excuse I'd explain I was still in a Mixed Games Forum league game (Limit HA) when the WBCOOP started, at a tough final table, and I do not do well dividng my attention -- proven fact, look at the records, it's just my game/temperment. On the bright side I won the GML #26 game, my first win in the league (which I only joined mid-January). That league is fun; I'll have to had them to my forums menu at right soon!

Tuesday night I played Mini UBOC 12 (Limit HORSE) at UB (formerly Ultimate Bet). I made some really dumb moves (will post three really bad hands next time), but somehow survived them and finished 18th/308 for a $56 cash. My first UBOC game (in this series); with my schedule I hope it's not my last. Fun and educational.

Speaking of education, off to work I go at St. Louis Community College-Meramec. A lot of buses, trains and walking ahead getting there and back. Hope the weather holds. Not driving can be a pain (dang panic disorder). But whatever is and will be, so be it. Peace...

No comments: