Sunday, January 16, 2011

Busy times a'coming

The modelling work begins again in earnest tomorrow (Monday) after about a month off for the holidays. Seems like everything's picking up at once, though: 'Tis the season for some huge online poker series. I must take a deep breath for the hectic times to come.

Today UB and Absolute Poker start hosting UBOC 6. Two divisions: the main tournamernts (means expensive, most of them a little over my playing bankroll budget right now), and the Mini-UBOCs. I've got my eyes on about a half-dozen of the latter, starting with Mini-UBOC Event 2 in a couple of hours. A $30+$3 entry, and you get $5 for each foe you eliminate. I love bounty/sniper games!

Mini-UBOC and UBOC will be fun. But I'm really looking forward to the World Blogger Championship of Online Poker running Jan. 24-30 at PokerStars. Love playing with and against my fellow writing addicts. Some great players out there in the fellowship; for instance, change100 just yesterday won the PCA Ladies event in the Bahamas (super congrats ma'am!). It's a great challenge, the WBCOOP. I want to try to qualify for the Finals as I've done a couple series past (memory's bad as usual, I'll have to look things up and report later on my past performance goals to beat this time, know I cashed in one WBCOOP Final!). The Finals and family Birthdays Brunch get-together are conflicting with a live charity event I wanted to play on Jan. 30; too often there's just not enough of me to go around!

This is where PokerStars' WBCOOP badge/ad would go if things were working right. Sooner or later it'll get here. PStars supports us well; but some of us old writers are sooooo computer-hopeless...

Got a Twitter Poker League game about to begin, time to start preparing and psyching (and check on Da Bears' continuing success). Then Mini-UBOC 2, then some poker101a or Holdem Poker Chat forum games. Go Patriots! And everyone have a great day!

No comments: