Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Getting itchy for Vegas

Return to Vegas 2007: I wish I was there already! Just a few more days. When one suffers panic attacks and attention deficits and depressions and talking invisible gremlins, making plans and getting things together for a big outing can be full of pains and strains. I'm hanging in there...

My poker play the last couple days has been good but frustrating. I am happy that my increasing aggression is working and becoming more natural. I am not happy that I sometimes get impatient or try to rush things, or don't heed my inner voices about warning signs. Playing live in Las Vegas will be much better, being slower and with less distractions at hand so I can stay focused on the business. Yes, I love to have fun at the poker table (probably too much, tablemates would say of the chatty shamster). But the real wars and games ahead will bring out the focus. I just hope I don't start slow and finish with frustrating near-misses, like this summer; give me the string of 10 tournament cashes from the middle of the trip!

I hope to post daily from Vegas here, as I did to the Aces Cracked forum on my last Sin City invasion. Wish paul and lori (and even rk) were going to be there again. Ah well, next summer... Gotta look into a two-month deal on some residence near The Strip for June-July!

I will post a preliminary itinerary here Friday (knock on wood). Have to work tonight and all day Thursday, although I aim to make the Riverchasers game Thursday night at Full Tilt. Suggestions on unusual/challenging things to see/do in Vegas are welcome here. Peace.

No comments: