Saturday, November 17, 2007

Bring on Super Sunday!

That's going to do it for today, Saturday. An OK day: nothing great, some tiny cashes and good plays and excellent practices. If it hadn't been for those enemy pocket rockets against my JJ and QQ that knocked me out of two tournaments, it might have been a day to write home about. Instead, it was warm-up for the big, BIG wars on tap tomorrow, Sunday.

Backtracking a little first, I didn't play any poker online from Monday night until today. A lot of work-work dominated my time. At least the long 11- and 12-hour days of modelling went better than they had been; my legs held up nicely for a change! Maybe it's the slight dietary changes (more fiber featuring Raisin Bran, plus good old-fashioned Vitamin D milk, to heck with lo-fat, 2%, etc.) and more yoga that have me on the health and endurance upswing. Whatever, I ain't knocking it! Felt so good I worked a 3-hour open drawing class at Webster University on Friday afternoon when they had a late model cancellation. I can take my rest and days off in Vegas!

Speaking of modelling, got a call today confirming a gig while I'm in Vegas. A three-hour Tuesday night group at $20 per; that oughta pay for a buy-in tourney at Planet Hollywood! And maybe I'll meet artists who can give me a solid lead on inexpensive lodging for the WSOP next summer. One never knows when and where schmoozing and networking will pay off.

As I said, didn't get back to the faux felt until today. But I did play live poker Friday night, the battle of the Missouri and kansas St. Louis-area alumni chapters. Mizzou won easy; not many Jayhawkers in these parts ... and I'll be nice and not say anything more. I did discover that these kinds of home-games are little fun for me, with drunks and poor dealing by the players and few consistent rules and just general insanity. Not my schtick. I finished about 14th of the 40-odd players; only four got paid. Give me online or a controlled poker room any day!

Today I played four tournaments, cashing in three ... barely. The Absolute Touchdown (St. Louis vs. San Francisco) saw me 14th of 19 for $1.04. The Full Tilt Poker Forum Weekly saw me 32/45, but I did earn a bounty! Both ended suddenly against enemy aces that held up. The Aces Cracked League's off-season game saw me second for $12. And I just fell out of Shark Poker Tour's Road Warrior Blog Freeroll at Ab Poke: 13/136, only nine paid. This time I got it all in ahead A7 vs 87, but the enemy flopped an 8 and sayonara sham.

Sunday I have big plans and high hopes. The main goals: two tournaments at Full Tilt. At 1 p.m. St. Louis time I'm buying direct into FTOPS Event 15, the $150+$13 NLHE Knockout ($30 per bounty, I believe). Then I'll follow that up at 8:30 pm using my $75 token to enter the Blogger Big Game ... deep stacks I love, but only paying three places is not the +EV I prefer. We will see. There are a number of other smaller games, including a Poker Analysis Buy-In League game at poker.com (5 pm), that might tempt me. And football on TV -- can the Rams double their season victory total? What will be will be...

Good luck all; see you at the tables!

No comments: