Saturday, October 15, 2016

The joys of live blogging

I played online poker last night in the CardsChat Fall League 2016 at PokerStars Home Games. Thursday is my normal night (this is only Week 2 of the league's season, so there really is no normal ... especially for me!), but I switched with the team captain because of real life obligations. Captain pcgnome warned me that Fridays seem to be the toughest, but that didn't scare me, even though I was a sad 14th of 20 players in Week 1 (got up to 3rd then quickly collapsed, the story of my life; more on that later). I don't scare easy. Obliviousness is bliss!

A friend inspired me to listen to some online radio while I played. Haven't done that in quite a while, but it worked nicely and got my energy soaring. Soaring too much, as it later turned out; the shamalamadingdongdorkdonk (me) just can't stand too much success (see paragraph one). I also was posting on Facebook as I played. Only later did it dawn on me I was live-blogging my tournament, only not in the blog! My subconscious is always a wonderful weapon and muse.

Sadly, transposing the posts from Facebook to the blog isn't as simple as I hoped it would be. Damn difficult, turns out, dang it. But let's try. Hmm, cut-and-paste of the whole block brings over too many unwanteds, too long to edit out waste. Looks like we'll have to c-&-p post by post. And no time stamps, durn it, that woulda been nice. Next time I'll do it different, probably write straight to the blog.

So here goes. Really needed those time stamps, and good luck "getting" the inside jokes meant for Facebook Friends:

-- What I'm listening to while playing poker ... (Broadway Showtunes on jango.com)

-- And now Liza's gotta make me feel bad! Dang work ... "Life is a ..."

-- Wish I was at GenKink "Tonight". Ah well, 6th of 15 left first break. A responsibility to my team! Gonna win this game ...

-- What Glee! Let's Do The Time Warp Again!!! And where are we having a watch party for Thursday's new version?

-- Finally into 1st place, 13 left. Somebody name a song from Sweeny Todd please ...

-- Damn It, Janet ...

-- Wouldn't It Be Loverly? Lost lead, got it back, team boss on rail ... too much attention!

-- Final table, 9 left, shamalamadingdongdork is 5th. Not bad. But "Can Anybody Find Me Somebody To Love?"

-- oops, left the "donk" off the end of my name; sorry, poker buds

-- Second break, 5th of 8 left, Sweet Transvestite chasing me to the wine cabinet. Still can find any Sweeney...

-- Clay Aiken, Cyndi Lauper and Dee Snider? This I've been searching an hour for?? Gotta learn it ...

-- Sorry Judy, but I prefer Iz's "Rainbow"

-- Sad. Finished 8th. Done in by sexes ... I mean 6s. Fun!! Good practice for Vegas, and the Heartland Poker Tour which hits St. Charles at the end of this month (boy did that news surprise me!). Hey Tone Wallace, any of the local gang gonna play there? We got any satellites?

-- And good night from un-Radio Station POKRRRRRR

That's it. REALLY needed those time stamps! It was a good game, and I was going well until rivals and crowd started noticing me. I don't like the spotlight! Brings out the actor/showoff in me, and cuts down my intuitive empathic skills. But I need to get used to dealing with crowds/attention if things are going to Go Bigger. Death of me was 66 on the small blind (?), getting greedy (don't ask why) and pushing an unopened pot all-in, and having UTG (?) call and reveal Qs. No help, I didn't really deserve help, and I got to go do other things while the band played on. Next time ...

Enough. Got a GottaTalkPoker game in half an hour on Americas Card Room. Time to start balancing.

Thanks for visiting. More soon. (And I promise some football predictions later or tomorrow ... if I remember. For now, best college upsets I see are North Carolina, UCLA and best-bet Texas Tech!)

No comments: