Saturday, December 13, 2008

Always Optimistic

This was a very nice e-mail to receive:

"Hello Shamanalix,

"Congratulations, you've successfully registered to play in this year's
World Blogger Championship Of Online Poker (WBCOOP)!

"Your account has been credited with a ticket which is good for entry
into any and all of the Qualifier tournaments beginning on December
15th. ...

"The qualifying tournament schedule is as follows:

124189658 - Dec 15 - 14:00 ET - Pot Limit Omaha
124189659 - Dec 16 - 17:00 ET - No Limit Hold'em
124189660 - Dec 17 - 22:00 ET - Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo
124189661 - Dec 18 - 14:00 ET - No Limit Hold'em
124189662 - Dec 19 - 17:00 ET - 8-Game Mix
124189663 - Dec 20 - 15:00 ET - No Limit Hold'em

"Registration opens two hours before the start of each event."

Fantastic! Now I have something to look forward to every day next week!! No modelling gigs, so I get to concentrate on my favorite job! These are going to be fun, and tough competition. I accept the challenge and am eager to see how I'll fare.

Things have been looking up lately for me on the faux felt. Won a Shark's Home Game (Shark Poker Tour Forum) on Thursday at Absolute Poker ($57.60), then poker101a's Midnight Madness on Friday back at Absolute ($15). In between I should have cashed at another Shark Poker Tour event, but with 16 players left (9 got paid) I went for it all when the flop gave me an open-ended royal flush draw and couldn't finish anything, coming up short against my rival's set. Ah well. Can't win 'em all. Although I want to...

Busy weekend ahead. Nothing to show so far today (Saturday) after two tournaments, but I'm getting in the groove. My top targets today are the OnTiltRadio Bad Azz TPL games at 1 and 3 pm (CT) at Pokerari and Suited Pockets' Sober Saturday Bounty game at 9:30p at Cake. Sunday includes SP's Razz-A-Ma-Tazz at noon at AP, a Shark game at 1p at Ultimate Bet, Holdem Poker Chat's 3rd Day of Christmas at 2p at Reefer, the Poker Analysis Buy-In League at 5:30p at Nordica, MaximumPokerLeague's Bounty Freeroll at 6p at Carbon and Rounders Radio's UB Games With Annie Duke, which start at 9p after she's on the radio with the gang at 7p. And maybe others; I'm a spur-of-the-moment kind'a guy!

Always lots of poker fun and challenges to be found on the net. Now to try and close the year with a strong finish and a couple of solid cashes. Them holiday bills won't pay for themselves, and I do like being generous!

G'luck all.

No comments: