Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

OK, so maybe technically it's not Valentine's Day any more as I write this. At least not here, or where you are. But somewhere (Hawaii?) it's still Feb. 14, so the wish is truthful, timely and stands. Just sorry your cards and flowers and chocolates and spa passes will have to wait for another day. If there are any left when I'm done "testing" them.

I'm in a very good mood, which is why I'm writing this (yeah, I know, finally!) instead of diving right into bed. Gotta start trying to follow Doyle's example and post a couple times a week (at least!), even if they are only short snapshots of my life and feelings.

What has me hepped up right now is that I just got 12th in a tournaments at Full Tilt. The $1 Rebuy tournament, to be exact. With 446 entrants and a pool of $1,552 -- and me no rebuys or add-on! Eighty-one got paid, but I played smart and steady and successful for almost 4 1/2 hours. Finally hit the wall when my JJ ran into bullets shortly after break No. 4, when I was 7th/12 left. The jacks never caught up, I plunged from about 110K to 13K, and a couple hands later was out on a 3-way all-in. Still, a very good tourney and a big boost to my confidence after mostly treading water since the Super Bowl debacle.

Big weekend coming up. Last week was full of minor traumas, and haven't played much this week due to work, so I'm going to be real hungry for faux felt chips come Saturday. I'll be back to tell ya about it. Meanwhile, once again, Happy Valentine's Day all, and especially to my favorite ladies (you know who you are!). Peace and happiness.

No comments: