Thursday, January 24, 2008

"Mrs. Brown You've Got A ..."

If the title rings a chime, you know what I'm up to tonight.

No poker today. Five hours of modelling at Webster University, first for a regular figure class and then (I love this group) for Webster theatre students who are forced -- er, "required" -- to take a figure drawing class to help them with (I guess) their actors' poses, lighting insights, costuming thoughts and whatever else goes through a thespian's mind. Being a once and future thespian myself ... Any explanations, Falstaff?

After the classes, a friend and I are hitting a Herman's Hermits concert at Ameristar in nearby St. Charles. Saw Peter Noonan and friends two or three years ago; he's old (who isn't?), but he's still got it. Flashbacks are fun!! Especially with short-skirted waitresses bringing the drinks. After the show, those poker tables at Ameristar are awfully tempting ...

Road day Friday of modelling and mischief in Illinois (Alton area north of St. Louis, to be semi-specific) coming up. Then it's back to the faux felt on the weekend -- after a few days away I'll be more than ready!

Congrats ck on taking out Mookie in his game last night and realizing one of your '08 resolutions! Any bloggers who want a link to their blog in my alphabetical list at right, let me know. And have a great day!!! "Something tells me I'm in to something good..."

No comments: