Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Gotta Remember the Big Picture

(sigh!!) Will I ever learn? Was in a $26 token tournament at Full Tilt. Two from the tokens. I've got 3K left, but there are 10 folks worse off and we're playing hand-for-hand.

Table members are colluding, talking folding to the blinds and "everyone here makes it." I hate collusion; it's cheating. It puts me on tilt, because it's wrong.

My Big Blind ($1K/500, ante 125). Pocket cowboys! The button who has about $5K calls the BB. And I push. And he calls. And he turns over big slick. And an ace flops. And I'm out without a token.

Moral of the story? Would I have played it different in a regular tournament? A league game? A freeroll? The WSOP? I'll have to think on that. It's what I did this time, and it did not turn out well. That's poker. I have to remember to give more study to the bottom lines...

1 comment:

MarkGreb said...

Sham,
These token tournaments play with a little different strategy so...

I don't think you did anything wrong here.

The person who really doesn't get this tourney is the guy on the button with big slick.

If he was going to play it he should have shoved instead of calling the BB, he's calling off 2/3rds of his chips hoping for a coin flip.

Now, if he had shoved I would have folded the KK in the big blind, as weak tight as that sounds.

In a regular tourney I don't think you can fold pocket Kings pre-flop.